Saturday, April 16, 2011

Old friends

It has been a joy to be back where I grew up and spend time with my oldest of friends, Emily and Betsy. Unfortunately, my window to enjoy time with Betsy and her family is small, as they will be moving away this summer. But we've enjoyed the time we've gotten so far. The three of us gathered at Emily's for a playdate, and I only ended up with this one picture of all the kids - six between the three of us! Carlton is surveying the chaos of the playroom from the doorway, ha.
Emily and I have been able to meet up a couple more times with the kids. We had a wonderfully sunny playdate and picnic at a local park. Here is a better shot of our four - Abby Jane the big girl at 3 years old, and then Carlton and Em's twins are just three weeks apart in age.

And we had an exciting day at the zoo, as well! It was Carlton's first visit to a zoo, and he loved it - the bigger the animal, the better. I think the giraffes were his favorite.


The whole crew, with Willie B, the legendary gorilla of Zoo Atlanta (from when Em and I were growing up and visiting as kids!)....

No comments: