Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A few hours later

We moved to our postpartum room a couple of hours later, and we got to receive the rest of our visitors.....first and foremost, our sweet Carlton got to meet his baby sister!


It was so special watching the wonder on his face as he took her in, and as he was so gentle and loving with her. One of the happiest moments of our little family to date :)Clara meeting her Meme for the first time, of course....
And some more snuggle time with Mama. I don't think I stopped grinning for hours! Probably until I finally passed out for an hour or two of sleep later that afternoon :)


We had more wonderful visitors on Clara's big day - her Aunt Kristin that afternoon, Uncle Ricky and Aunt Eden around dinner, and her Great-Uncle Tom and Great-Aunt Dianne that evening - but unfortunately we didn't capture any photos with them. It was such a blessing to have so much family nearby, to share our joy!

No comments: