Monday, August 15, 2011

Three Become Four

Little did I know when I made that last post that Clara Kathryn Sheerin would make her entrance into the world the next morning! Nine days early, so she certainly surprised us. She was in quite a hurry to join our family, as she came fast as well as early. My labor started that night, the 9th, just before midnight. After four hours of not-so-intense early labor at home, all of a sudden we knew it was time to hit the road for the hospital. Things happened with lightning quickness from that point on, and Clara was born 25 minutes after we arrived to the hospital! 5:57 am on Weds, August the 10th; 7 lbs and 15 ozs. I never imagined I'd be one of those women who barely make it to the hospital, but that's how it happened. The natural delivery was intense, but the recovery was so much easier than otherwise, and the hospital stay very uncomplicated. Here is our beautiful baby girl not long after her arrival:


The ecstatic parents!Clara was born with an amazing head of dark hair...
and a little angel face :)
She got to meet her Poppy within her first hour of life, while still in the delivery room. Sweet times. The rest of the fam would come shortly...

No comments: